It’s the end of the year! Time for our blog to roll out our year end reviews/specials. We decided to start with those dramas we wished or almost wished we never watched. If possible, we would love the directors of those shows to refund the seconds, minutes, and hours we wasted. Sadly, that’s impossible. If you are planning to watch any of those shows beware!
- One man and two women – the same love triangle for pretty much every lakorn. If things were not complicated enough let’s make those two women mother and daughter.
- You would have to seat through 50 plus episodes of intense guilt, tears, and wishy washiness by our two main leads.
- Result: The female lead gets married to the male lead only to dump him at the end of the ceremony. A marriage followed by a separation?! Great, just what I needed.
- Total confusion. I am so confused by this show that I can’t even explain what went wrong. Clearly, everything went wrong.
- Gong Yoo please try to pick better drama projects in the future. I know you can do better.
A Thousand Kisses
- When a show is about two leads, I expect to see enough screen time about their relationship. Well, not here. If that’s what you hope, skip this show.
- The drama started off alright – a beautiful romance, relatives trying to tear our beloved couple apart, a delusional and clingy ex – and that quickly went down the drain. All that I got at the end of the drama is our main leads staring at each other through a window. Hummm, the director needs to redeem himself/herself with a better show.
That Winter the Wind Blows
- As much as I adore you Jo In Sung, since when did dying take over 3 minutes with you robot walking across a rooftop?
- Perhaps I don’t get it, but I think it would have ended better in tragedy like in the movie rather than some dreamy petal blown (literally) happily ever after story.
- The drama was almost perfect…but the last minute of the drama’s twist gives you whiplash. Everything is for naught as a bullet to the head steal’s the main character’s future. Just like that, gone.
- Again, we have a wobbler who manages to walk down a shady park sidewalk bleeding out of his gut with no one around instead of sensibly calling an ambulance. Beats me right?
- Of course we need some amnesia to spice things up right? Throw one in to mirror the female lead’s and we have a complete circle!
New Tales of Gisaeng
- Everything is brilliantly angsty and makjang down to episode…40/50! Then something must have been in the writer’s food when she/he decided to turn it into a supernatural romcom?!?! Ghosts coming out of the woodwork and possessing the father from time to time trying to teach him a lesson
What Happened in Bali
- You lose your only love to your rival and your family’s business gets scammed out of millions. What do you do? Track down those fiends and buy a gun. You watch them sleep with each other and then shoot them in their own bed. But instantly regret it. I guess the only thing now is to shoot yourself since wallowing any more is out of the questions. Bam. Done.