The drama opens with Baek Seung Chan starting his first day in the variety department of the broadcast channel KBS. The first day of work, or orientation day, gives a glimpse of what truly happens behind our TV screens.
- Rookies are expected to hit the ground running – learn the ropes as you go!
- Not everyone is motivated and dedicated
- Office politics, which often involve gossiping, are necessary in order to succeed
- Celebrities on the TV shows can be bratty and annoying while lacking talent…
- It’s all about RATINGS. As a PD, if your show has amazing ratings you are the top dog!
It’s easy to see that Seung Chan is confused and NAIVE. He had several misconceptions about the industry, and simply decided to join the field because of his college crush.
Let me introduce our female lead: the fierce Tak Ye Ji! She is a producer in the variety department. I can already tell that Seung Chan’s life can only get harder from now on. Everyone fears Ye Ji… When she is in a bad mood, everyone in the department is alerted.
For instance, the alert text sent will mention Jindo dog #1, #2 or #3. Number 3 being the case where if you don’t bother Ye Ji, nothing bad will happen, and number #1 meaning wartime. Despite being strict and easily angered, she is on top of her game.