The Christmas Dates
Hyun Woo and Hyun Ju
The two meet at a coffee shop then go to a VR cafe. Lastly, dinner.
I felt like Hyun Woo was surprised and not necessarily overjoyed to see Hyun Ju. That changes during the date.
- Hyun Woo turns out to be super caring, putting food in Hyun Ju’s plate and cutting her food for her. He was also being that way with Young Joo in the previous episode so now I am confused.
- As usual Hyun Ju was her bubbly self, which got on my nerves. I’ve said this before but given her age the aegyo seems fake. Ughh, it also rubs me in the wrong way how the love forecasters keep praising Hyun Ju. It’s like they are trying to force her down viewers’ throats.
- Hyun Ju seems possessive and jealous. On the date at the coffee shop, she keeps asking questions that give hints: Oh, did you come here with a woman before? Was your ex-girlfriend from Busan? She also indirectly asks how he feels about Young Ju…
- When it comes to Hyun Woo, the charisma is slowly wearing off. During the date, I found him slightly shy. This is not what I’ve seen of his personality in the previous episodes.
- Overall the date was pretty cute. There definitely is potential for a relation here. I was shipping Hyun Woo and Young Joo, but I am not so sure anymore.
Young Joo and Gyu Bin
My faves grab dinner and go to a jazz club.
- Young Joo doesn’t know Gyu Bin has been crushing on her since the text messages are anonymous. Last episode, he was thinking about giving up because she didn’t seem responsive. This might not be the case anymore and he has more chances than ever after their date. Gyu Bin might have escaped the Bro Zone!
- Young Joo admits she thought the muffler might be from him. I interpreted this as her not minding going on a date with him.
- Despite his age, Gyun Bin seems so mature. The conversation with Young Joo touched some pretty interesting subjects like love, following your dreams, etc.
Da Eun and Dong Hyun
The pair grabs dinner at a nice Korean barbecue restaurant then head to a Christmas market. Finally, a wine bar. Dong Hyun tried to open up a little more but I am not sure it worked.
- The conversation was boring. I am less annoyed at Dong Hyun (for his previous rudeness) but he’s so uninteresting. I can only imagine how hard it must be to carry a conversation with him. Da Eun was polite and all, but she wasn’t as lively as she could be.
- Da Eun turned out to be very straightforward during the last portion of the date, asking if Dong Hyun likes someone among the residents. Surprisingly, Dong Hyun answers! Yes, there is someone and he wants to get to know the person. This part was the most interesting and meaningful exchange during this date.
- One of the forecasters pointed that Do Gyun doesn’t understand what women like and I couldn’t agree more. He’s nice but doesn’t know how to seduce women.
Da Eun and Jae Ho
The two go to the beach to watch a sunset, eat grilled clams. Last, go ice skating.
Jae Ho is a keeper but I don’t think he’ll end with Da Eun. His feelings have been super consistent and I feel sorry for him.
- In terms of date Da Eun – Jae Ho > Da Eun – Dong Hyun.
- Jae Ho got jokes. The date seemed relaxing and he’s trying pretty heart to hint that he likes Da Eun. He also remembers what she likes and tries to get to know her better. Im my opinion, he’s a keeper.
- Da Eun kept praising/mentioning Hyun Woo during the date. So awkward. I am pretty sure Hyun Woo is her fave but she could have avoided showing it so much.
- Hyun Ju goes to the hospital with Hyun Woo. He had previously cut his finger and because it keeps getting in contact with water it got infected. That’s nice of her but I am confused as to why she cried. So dramatic.
- Again on Hyun Ju, next episode will probably showcase her jealous side. I can’t wait :-D.
- Do Gyun seemed pretty sad at the end of the episode. Jealousy over Hyun Ju?
- Young Joo is still my fave. I don’t care who she ends with as long as it’s the right person for her.
- Sitting here and thinking: When are they bringing in the new girl?! I want her to stir more drama :-D.